THE DREAM - IPHUPHO

THE DREAM - IPHUPHO
Giving you all you need to know

Thursday, May 19, 2011

DEAR WONDERFUL 2010

BY LINDOKUHLE “DR DREAM” MNISI
For many years we’ve been desperately waiting for you
calling you all sort of names
the prosperous year, the year of hopes and blessings
saying all the good things about you
now here you are
you’ve brought no changes in my life
instead you’ve brought so much misery into my world
you came in and changed my entire life to the worst
you was the first to show me how tough life is after finishing matric
my family turned their backs on me when you showed up
I lost my friends and the person I loved when you showed up
my home started to fall apart when you showed up
No-one will help me
the government is focusing on building stadiums for tourists
they no longer have time for the South Africans who are suffering
they promised us job opportunities
but we are still going to beds with empty stomachs
if we had something we properly had a whole litre of water
who to blame
not you, but, and only us
I never felt hungry in such a way that I even fell down
I never felt so lonely and useless in my life before
I never got stressed in such a way that I even lose weight
but all that happened when you showed up
everything turned to be about you
no longer about the people living in South Africa
we’ve been useless and you were the best
THANKS TO YOU
DEAREST 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment