THE DREAM - IPHUPHO

THE DREAM - IPHUPHO
Giving you all you need to know

Friday, July 13, 2012

I wish I had an opportunity

By: lindokuhle Mnisi

I wish I had an opportunity to be me
an opportunity to be the best that I was born to be
a lifetime chance that would clear my eyes and let me see
that there was more to life than living in misery
a misery that affected the majority but was caused by the unknown

I wish I had an opportunity to see life in a different view
not the one I was subjected to by the circumstance I was going through
sometimes I feel if I had a clue about life before birth
I wouldn’t decide to come through to live awaiting death

The biggest inconvenience was being born in a village
growing up in a none developed vicinity during my vintage
being raised by a family that was extremely disadvantaged
where I couldn’t acquire the necessities that were relevant for people of my age
the chapter of my life was in a blank page
and I was trapped in darkness like an innocent dove in a cage

A good life could only be seen on a black n’ white Television at the neighborhood house
they were not superior but they had obtained part of the opportunities I wish I had
I don’t believe I was born inferior but life convinced me that I was nothing
the poor education that I was exposed to is the source of my failure
I wish I had an opportunity to be the best even when situations depressed me

I wish I had an opportunity to change the world
I wish I had an opportunity to change the situation that other people are going through

No comments:

Post a Comment